Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.
mount-hermon-chapel-crofty

Mount Hermon Chapel, Crofty

Built in 1807, this now derelict chapel stands high on the hill above Crofty and Penclawdd. Originally painted white, it was an important landmark for ships sailing on the Burry Estuary and today offers spectacular views across the estuary. Legend has it that the chapel was built on this site as a stern reminder to local children who often skipped Sunday prayers and came here to play, instead of attending worship!

Although the chapel has now unfortunately fallen into disrepair, the peaceful atmosphere of the cemetery and the amazing views make it well worth a visit.